Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lovely lavender hearts and tartan treats from Scotland!

Zoe Stewart designs lovely lavender hearts and Gifts with a Scottish flair, are they inspired by Nessie, the famous Loch Ness monster? Let's find out.

- How did you get started ? I heard about etsy from a friend and after uni I decided I might as well use my degree, I'm working with the prince's trust too,

- Where are you from? originally Edinburgh, but I live in North Yorkshire just now with my husband, only for the year, cant wait to get back to Edinburgh


- Are your creations limited editions or unique? some are unique and some WILL be limted editions, I don't use patterns for my tartan creatures, so theyre all different, which make them special

- How long have you been doing it? I have only had my etsy shop a few months, but been sewing and making things since ever I can remember,

- Are you a professional artist or is this a hobby? It was a hobby, but where we live there isn't a great deal of work, and i would love it to be a profession full time but its not really gonna happen soon enough, its so hard to get yourself noticed!

- What inspires you? People ask me this a lot, children, i work in the local nursery and the kids do some fantastic drawings there, i get them to draw me funny monsters and they love it when they see the ones ive made...... the eyes crack me up everytime!

- What is your favorite piece and why? it has to be henry, he makes me giggle everytime i see him, he sits on this big old fancy chair we have, its great, he does look quite at home and if he doesnt sell by christmas i think i might just be tempted to keep him!

- How do you promote your work? I am on various websites including etsy and i am just learning how to promote myself, i leave business cards everywhere i possibly can, loo's service stations, phone boxes, shops, photobooths, and hand them out to everyone i meet, its actually quite fun

- Where are you showing your work? my work is only shown on my etsy, theres not really many places around here to exhibit it or stick it without a great deal of fee's and its more than I can afford, so I use etsy every minue I can

- What advice you wish someone had told you when you started? list something everyday, have a clear studio, and promote, if I knew now my things would be much more organised lol

- Do you have any advice for fellow artists? same as above really, promote at every given opportunity!

- Anything else you'd like to add? Tea makes the world go round, and nothing is as bad as it seems, we all wait fo that first sale or the big sale and it will come, no one has the slightest cluewhen, but one day..... soon!

Her site http://www.zoestewartuk.etsy.com/
Her blog http://zoestewart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails