Saturday, August 18, 2007

FSOJ - Week 29 - Bronze Beauty / Mercury Rising


In Roman mythology Mercury is the god of commerce, travel and thievery, the Roman counterpart of the Greek god Hermes, the messenger of the Gods. The planet probably received this name because it moves so quickly across the sky.

Bronze Beauty / Mercury Rising
Bubble im Orbit
I did not have any bronze around, therefore, I settled for Mercury Rising Theme. I used Sterling Silver. The planet I created is an organic planet, conscious of its resources. I forged the metal into domes after embossing leaves in its texture.

A bit like Jupiter, there is a "ring" around my planet, which is fixed with soldier, That contains Mercury :), a bit like the line of the horizon.

I oxydised the globe, and then polished it, in order to show the skeleton at its maximum.

1 comment:

Simply Wired Custom Jewelry said...

Beautiful, beautiful things on this site. I love all of your rings, but I especially love this one. Nice work and nice blog!

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails