Tuesday, August 31, 2010

From Malaysia to London, an unique journey

Let's meet a jewelry artist called Yue, she comes from Malyasia and moved to England 8 years ago. She is also a scientist.


- How did you get started ?
I has always been creative and enjoy crafting since I was a child. I love making jewellery for my friends and family, and they always said I should try to sell these. That's why I started my business online.

- Where are you from?
I was born and grown up in Malaysia, then I moved to England 8 years ago where I started my inspiring journey in jewellery making. I now settle in London for my study, nothing artistic but science.
- Are your creations limited editions or unique?
All my creations are unique, it's still different even with the same design and I intend to design my works to last for a lifetime.

- what is your brand about?
Yue means 'moon' in English, it always represents mystery, beauty, romance and love. I hope that my design reflects the meaning of moon and it can last a lifetime so I love working with gemstones, pearls and sterling silver.

- What inspires you?
Many things, like walking down a path and see lovely flowers hanging in the sky, reading through some inspiring jewellery making magazines and looking at websites from other talented makers.

- How do you promote your work?
Business cards, Facebook and twitter.

- Where are you showing your work?
My online shop.

- any special promos?
Everything from my shop are beautifully gift-wrapped and shipped free of charge in UK mainland.

- favorite websites?
A picture gallery and search engine for all handmade jewellery in Japan: www.bijouxsearch.com

Yue's site http://www.yuethejewelry.com

- Anything else you'd like to add?
My blog  http://yuehandicrafts.blogspot.com is a journal of all my life so it reflects my recent interest in baking and you will find lovely and delicious recipes for cakes from my blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am doing research for my college thesis, thanks for your brilliant points, now I am acting on a sudden impulse.

- Laura

discount silver jewelry said...

I'm in love with that blog. Gorgeousness.
Great jewlery!! Love them and what an artistic, beautiful.

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails