Monday, June 13, 2016

Weaver feature with SpinningStreak

SpinningStreak is a weaver who provides us with

Hand knitted handspun - soft, original, classic or fun , in her own words.


Who are you ?
My name is Susan. I belong to the Guild of Weavers Spinners and Dyers and have been spinning away for over 20 years. 
Where do you live ?
I live partly in England in a city by the sea and partly in rural France, so plenty of inspiration for colours. And yes, I do speak French too :)
As a French girl myself, I am definitely drawn to berets. Susan has a few in her shop and this one is adorned with a red flower that give it a good mood vibe.
A touche of a little Je ne sais quoi of course, and definitely French Chic .
Beret, wool, embellished with large flower pin corsage hand knit shades of orange red 
Tell us about your process:
 I love the surprise element of dyeing - I tend to use professional quality acid dyes in England and a wide range of natural plant material in France.
 find her lovely yarns and creations here.


and follow her updates
 

No comments:

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails