Thursday, November 8, 2007

Maman et Moi Boutique

- How did you get started ?
About 2 years ago I saw a program on T.V. which featured a lady making aprons - I thought to myself I could do as well as that if not better. So - I ventured in, made up some aprons and took them to an upscale boutique. As it turned out I sold 70 aprons the first year.

- How long have you been doing it?
I have been making aprons for over 2 years. Before that I made upholstered doll furniture and doll clothes for the American Girl Dolls. I did this for over 10 years.
I also sold these in a couple of boutiques and was quite successful

- Are you a professional or is this a hobby? Because I do sell in boutiques I consider myself a professional.

- How do you promote your business? My promotions consist of selling in the boutique, Etsy store, my blog and word of mouth. I have done quite a bit of custom work through referrals.

- What inpires you? I do enjoy making the aprons - I love selecting the designer fabric and ribbons. i also love making baby items and toddler skirts but find the diversification in sewing requires being pulled in too many diections.


- What is your favorite product? My bib with cute retro airplane print or the orange funky monkey.

- Do you have more products for Mom or for toddlers? Aprons for money and toddlers are my focus

- Are your creations seasonal? No, I make aprons for adults and toddlers year round.

- What advice you wish someone had told you when you started? Focus on what you do best. Every new idea and executing it takes a lot of new energy ...

- Will I get a discount or freebies?
I always include a little gift with each order.



- Will it make my life easier and more stylish when using your products?
Goodness yes!! ... just putting on a cute apron makes any dinner turn out better, makes cleaning your house go faster, makes you feel and look oh, so pretty. Why would you want to miss out on that!

- Anything else you'd like to add?
Be confident in your own creations, your own ideas and do the best you can with the time you have and laugh and have fun along the way. Thanks , hope this helps.

3 comments:

Over The Top Aprons said...

Thank you for that lovely feature. I appreciate your taking the time; I know we are are quite busy!

Catherine Marche said...

You are welcome. I like your aprons :)

Lazy Cat Gifts said...

En francais, c'est bonne!

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails