Friday, November 2, 2007

Minou minou

- Your name - Lauren
- Your site - http://lostmitten.etsy.com
_ your blog - http://blog.lostmitten.com

- How did you get started ?
I have been into crafting since I can remember - ever since I was young. I learned how to knit over five years ago, and I try to learn new crafts all the time. I started selling Perler Bead decorations and coasters inspired by video game characters back when I first opened my shop, and have been continually adding new items to my shop all the time as I think up new ideas. I also love to create handbound journals, and jewelry made from pinback buttons.

- Where are you from?

I am originally from the small valley town of Dundas, Ontario, Canada, but have recently moved to the city of Brantford (in Ontario, Canada) to live with my fiance.

- Are your creations limited editions or unique?

Many of my creations are one-of-a-kind, but all of the them are truly unique - the ideas for the items that I create are all originally designed by myself.

- How long have you been doing it?

I have been crafting forever, but I first opened my Etsy shop in September of 2006.

- Are you a professional artist or is this a hobby?

This is mostly a hobby for me - I just love crafting and creating, and this is the perfect outlet for me.

- What inspires you?

I am constantly inspired by my interests and the things that surround me! I have always loved computers and video games, and many of my crafts reflect my love for gaming. I am also continually inspired to learn how to make new creations - for instance, I just learned how to crochet, and I am always trying out new knitting patterns! I also love Japanese inspired patterns and anything that is kawaii / cute.

- What is your favorite piece (that you still have for sale) and why?

I love my knit fingerless gloves and pantas because they are cute and fashionable, but will also keep you quite warm. I also love all of the Perler Bead creations that I create, especially the Question Mark Block decorations because they just make me smile - such fond memories of first playing the first Super Mario game for the Nintendo when I was a kid.

- How do you promote your work?

I promote my work through my blog, website, forums, but mostly through word of mouth.

- Where are you showing your work?

My work is currently just for sale in my Etsy shop, but will also be for sale very soon on my website: http://lostmitten.org .

- What is your favorite material?

Plastic, pinback buttons, wool, yarn, fabric, embroidery thread...I love them all!

- What advice you wish someone had told you when you started?

The only advice that I can give is to have fun with it, and create something that you love. Be as creative and original as possible - it is easy to get lost in the crowd since there are so many Etsy sellers, but if you make something that is a little different, you will stand out from the crowd!

- Do you have any advice for fellow artists?

My advice for fellow artists would be pretty much the same!

No comments:

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails