Saturday, October 20, 2007

Art Therapy? Excellent for broken hearts

It is a "good thing" that Abbi Carrico got her heart broken a few years ago, Look at the way she mended it! With creativity and Oh, it looks just so nice...

So, Abbi, tell me: How did you get started ? I went through a nasty breakup in 2004 and it became the best art therapy ever. I've been a plier wielding maniac ever since!

- Are your creations limited editions or unique? Both. Most of my pieces are one-of-a-kind. The only pieces I recreate are some of the more basic chainmaille chains and earrings. All my gemstone creations are originals.

- How long have you been doing it? Since Summer of 2004
- Are you a professional artist or is this a hobby? Sort of an obsession, really. I work full time during the week, but creating is my full time night/weekend job. If I don't do it, I get pretty cranky.

- Where are you from? Smack in the middle of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest VA. The New River Valley, to be exact.

- How do you promote your work? I use just about every free/low cost website on Earth to promote, I work shows and festivals, I network with local shops and galleries and I give a card to anyone that shows remote interest in a piece I'm wearing: the movie store clerk, the receptionists at my doctor's offices, my mom's co-workers, MY co-workers. I also plaster my flyers and cards on any and all free bulletin boards in shops, grocery stores, etc. So, I guess you could say that I promote pretty shamelessly.

- Do you have any advice for fellow artists? Stand behind your work. People will take note of the pride you have in it and they'll appreciate that. Don't ever stop looking for your niche, either. We all have one waiting to be found.

- Anything else you'd like to add? I'm a sushi addict, I love animals (I have a total soft spot for tabby cats and big doggies), Halloween is my favorite holiday and Autumn's my favorite time of year, I come from crafty parents and I'm an only child

- For more, just visit Abbi's websites: http://www.lunachick.etsy.com/, http://www.lunachickdesigns.com/
Her blog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post and lovely jewelry.

creativesundries said...

This is so cute:

"...creating is my full time night/weekend job. If I don't do it, I get pretty cranky."

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails