Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Rose by Name...

Anna is the creative mind of "A Rose by Name". She is passionate about bead weaving with delica beads.

- How did you get started ?
I started beading with my daughters when they were little. We made pony bead critters for their school backpacks and it just all evolved from there.

- Where are you from? NE Ohio.

- Are your creations seasonal?
No, I'm a year-round beader!

- How long have you been doing it?
I can't remember exactly when I started beading, but it's probably been over 10 years.

- Are you a professional or is this a hobby?
It's a passion, but it doesn't pay the bills, so I have to work, too.

- What inspires you?
Anything and everything. I know it sounds cliche, but it's true.

- What is your favorite smell?
Favorite smell...cinnamon toast.

- How do you promote your business?
I promote by wearing some of my pieces, blogging, street teams, bead groups, handing out business cards, working on this or that project whenever I'm someplace public. It's nice that beading is so portable.

- Where are you showing/selling your work?
I sell to friends here at home and on Etsy. I haven't done any shows or fairs.

- What is your favorite product and why?
Delica beads are probably my favorite. Since beadweaving is my favorite technique, Delicas are the perfect bead for me.

- What advice you wish someone had told you when you started?
That you would have to spend as much time promoting your work as you spend creating!

Visit her blog

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails