Monday, October 8, 2007

Sparkles of Talent



This interview features the multi-talented Jamie Hinson.

How did you get started ?
I learned how to string pearls in college from a family friend that's a jeweler. My mother bought me a beautiful bead book for my birthday that same year that had some instructions in it. I learned from that and kept trying to make everything I could find instructions on. I am self-taught for everything I do.





- Are your creations limited editions or unique?
I usually post my more "one of a kind" items here in my shop. My website is designed so that I have styles of earrings, necklaces, etc to peruse, then you can help design your piece by choosing the color, length, etc from drop-down menus. Makes it more fun for the customer.

- How long have you been doing it?
Over 10 years for jewelry, over 25 years for crochet

- Are you a professional artist or is this a hobby?
It's a hobby turned business. I am an occupational therapist and can incorporate beads and crafts into my therapy. Then this is MY therapy when I get home.

- Where are you from?
Friendswood, TX--suburb of Houston that is b/w Houston and Galveston.

- How do you promote your work?
Blog, word of mouth, craft shows, Etsy, Myspace,etc

- Do you have any advice for fellow artists?
Do what you love, and don't be afraid to incorporate different mediums, items into your work.

- Anything else you'd like to add?
I love custom orders. That way people get exactly what they want.

Thank you Jamie
website: http://www.sparklystrandz.com/
blog: sparklystrandz.blogspot.com

1 comment:

creativesundries said...

That soldered pendant with photo is cool!

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails