Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Jewellery artisan Patricia Vener

Patricia Veneer : Ballerina, Illustratorm published artist... Let's find out more.
- How did you get started ?

Life is a fluid thing that meanders thither and yon with a destination far (one hopes) in the future. I have been a Ballerina, a restorer and conservator of vintage works of art on paper, a scientist and a teacher; many of these things at the same time. And throughout I have always been an artist. My media are both two and three dimensional with the emphasis, of late, on the beadweaving, jewelry aspect of art.


Short answer? I was born that way!






- Are your creations limited editions or unique?

I prefer to create one of a kind pieces but will occasionally produce limited editions. Or at least in a few cases (my anklets for example) give myself permission to create the same design more than one time.
Visit her gallery there


- How long have you been doing it?

I have been expressing my creativity since the moment I got a crayon or pencil in my hand. I really cannot recall a time when I wasn't creating something!



- Are you a professional artist or is this a hobby?

I am a professional artist.



- Where are you from?

At the moment I am living in Hamden Connecticut but I was born in Irondequoit NY and have lived in a variety of places from Manhattan to Big Rapids, Michigan to Maryland and places in between and around.




- How do you promote your work?

I give away cards and bookmarks and along with a number of talented jewelry artists from the Art Jewelry Collective have taken out a cooperative ad in Ornament magazine (I must start checking the bookstore soon!).


Also recently I am part of a smaller cooperative of artists from Etsy Beadweavers Street Team who have had large postcards produced for handing out. I post in several forums and publish occasional articles both in my blog and in the ezine, "Bead Bugle." I am working on articles for other publications which I hope will be published in the future.

I also "pound the pavement" despite the sheer terror of this activity. Brrrr.

- Do you have any advice for fellow artists?

Don't ignore the business aspects if you hope to make any sort of living at this. Marry rich or make sure you are born from rich parents if at all possible. Too bad I can't take my own advice!

Seriously, any endeavor dear to one's heart takes serious and determined commitment. And sometimes it also takes a bit of slogging against prevailing winds. If it means so much, don't give up!

Well, this was very informative. Thank you Patricia.
You need to go and see (and buy ) her unique jewelry

No comments:

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails