An interview with Amanda, master crocheter and talented individual.
- How did you get started ?***I taught myself to crochet when I was about 19 years old.
- Where are you from?***Michigan.
- Are your creations limited editions or unique?***Some of my items I am sure I will never re-create. Others I could make again if I want to try to sell more or if someone specially requests something.
- How long have you been doing it?***I have not been selling items long, but I have been crocheting for about 6 years and giving crocheted afghans and other items to my loved ones as gifts.
- Are you a professional artist or is this a hobby?***I would love to be a professional, but for now this is just a hobby that I love.
- What inspires you?***God, my husband, my family.
- What is your favorite piece (that you still have for sale) and why?***I really love all of my crocheted flapper hats. They are so comfy, funky, and stylish.
- How do you promote your work?***I find it hard to promote my work. I mostly write on my blog and rely on spreading the word through family and friends.
- Where are you showing your work?***I have never 'shown' my work at a craft fair or other show, but I hope to be able to do something like that in the future.
- Do you have any advice for fellow artists?***To do something you love and don't do anything you don't love just because you think it will make you money. If you don't love it, it's not worth it.
- anything else you'd like to add?***Just that I appreciate anyone who browses through my shop! Hopefully there is something there for everyone :)
- Her site: http://bluebaby.etsy.com, her Blog
REVIEW: The Thoughtful Gardener - *Garden designer Jinny Blom’s work is defined by both her skill with plants and an ability to create a garden that responds to the site’s context, both h...