Thursday, October 25, 2007

Crocheted Cartoons

An interview with Amanda, master crocheter and talented individual.

- How did you get started ?***I taught myself to crochet when I was about 19 years old.

- Where are you from?***Michigan.

- Are your creations limited editions or unique?***Some of my items I am sure I will never re-create. Others I could make again if I want to try to sell more or if someone specially requests something.

- How long have you been doing it?***I have not been selling items long, but I have been crocheting for about 6 years and giving crocheted afghans and other items to my loved ones as gifts.

- Are you a professional artist or is this a hobby?***I would love to be a professional, but for now this is just a hobby that I love.

- What inspires you?***God, my husband, my family.

- What is your favorite piece (that you still have for sale) and why?***I really love all of my crocheted flapper hats. They are so comfy, funky, and stylish.

- How do you promote your work?***I find it hard to promote my work. I mostly write on my blog and rely on spreading the word through family and friends.

- Where are you showing your work?***I have never 'shown' my work at a craft fair or other show, but I hope to be able to do something like that in the future.

- Do you have any advice for fellow artists?***To do something you love and don't do anything you don't love just because you think it will make you money. If you don't love it, it's not worth it.

- anything else you'd like to add?***Just that I appreciate anyone who browses through my shop! Hopefully there is something there for everyone :)

- Her site: http://bluebaby.etsy.com, her Blog

1 comment:

creativesundries said...

Fun feature!
I like BlueBaby's work.

Sarah :-)

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails