Monday, October 22, 2007

SAHM to one gorgeous little girl and Very Busy!

Hello Becki Rasmussen,

- How did you get started ?
A few years ago I was trying to work from home and ordered an earrings making pattern. I decided that the pattern was dated and the colors didn't work so I started experimenting with colors and designs, before long I was making necklaces bracelets and sold my first necklace to the first person who saw it!

- Where are you from? Originally Nebraska but moved to Utah when I was a child

- Are your creations seasonal? Yes and no...I think mostly it depends on my mood.

- How long have you been doing it? About 4 years ago

- Are you a professional or is this a hobby? I am a professional hobbiest :D I have alot of creative outlets I dont create my work to make money (its a plus) But I am happy so long as one person tells me they love it!

- What inspires you?
nature, water, fish (my aquarium), life, my child, and anything vintage!

- How do you promote your business?
right now mostly on etsy, Life has taken us for a rather rough ride so my business has been a bit on the back burner...I still come here every day to put at least an hour a day into my babies!

- Where are you showing/selling your work?
Right now just on etsy, There are going to be local boutiques and a farmers market coming in the new year!

- What is your favorite product and why?
I have SO many favorites! It changes every day which one I choose as my favorite. Today this one seems to be coming back in for me! This is one of my favorites because its so versatile! It truly is the go anywhere and everywhere necklace! I wear it all the time personally! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6052002

- What advice you wish someone had told you when you started?
Nothing really in particular I am self taught so just the little tricks of the trade I have picked up along the way would have been nice!

- Do you have any advice for fellow designers? Relax dont force it, remember you are creating as art not to please others!

- Will I get a discount or freebies?
If you mention the 90 day challenge You will get free shipping as well as 15% off your order!
Yeah!!!! Way to go :)

- Anything else you'd like to add?
If you like what you see leave me a heart (on etsy)! I am thrilled to get new ones!

- Her sites: http://entyqua.etsy.com , http://www.beckisdesigns.com
- Her blog http://www.beckisdesigns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails