Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I am going to be DVINE...

...Well, even more than I already am

Have you noticed Janice's shop? Just the name makes me dream.
It's called DVINE Body. Just like the song.

It looks and smells Gorgeous.
Cannot resist asking her some questions.

- How did you get started?
I got started very young... at the age of 5 my beloved grandma gave me knitting needles and some yarn and the rest is history. There isn't a craft that I don't LOVE... I respect all who share this passion/obsession. The only down side is trying to fund all the wonderful crafts I want to try (which is ALL of them)!

- Where are you from?
Originally Brooklyn, NY now I live in Pennsylvania

- Are your creations seasonal?
Some of them are, I create delicious skincare items that are perfect for the warmer weather with tanning and dehydrating the skin; scrubs, foot scrubs and healing/regenerative oils are perfect, and then there are others that are for the harsh and cold winters when skin is thirsty and dry like more emollient lotions.

- How long have you been doing it?
I have been an Aromatologist for a little over 3 years but crafting for a lifetime.

- Are you a professional or is this a hobby?
Both, I am a web designer by trade but I take my skincare and body product line very seriously by researching and creating new items all the time.

- What inspires you?
I am inspired by anyone brave enough to create something unique and SHARE it with the world... that takes guts and am humbled by the amazing talent that I've found on etsy.

- What is your favorite smell?
Wow, this is a hard one cause there are soooo many. I’d have to say it’s a toss up between a few: Lavendar, Neroli, Chamomile Roman, Patchouli, Lemon Verbena, Peppermint and Black Spruce.
- How do you promote your business?
I get on forums, myspace, and list as many places as possible.

- Where are you showing/selling your work?
Cosmetics http://www.dvinebody.com, http://hyenacart.com/DvineBody/ and http://www.dvinebody.etsy.com/
Crafts http://www.wwcrafters.com/mall,
http://www.lov.li
WOW,great list!

- What is your favorite product and why?
Wow, another hard one… hmmm I use so many of them daily that it is hard to choose. I’d have to say my facial cleanser and toner called YOUthful-Glow because it’s my face and that is important to me.

- What advice do you wish someone had told you when you started?
Do research and find your market. I kind of spread out my line a bit hoping to reach many different people with different needs and sometimes it’s just best to keep things simple on start up.

- Do you have any advice for fellow cosmetic and beauty sellers?
Research your raw ingredients and remember this is going onto someone’s skin… which is the largest organ in the body, do treat it with tender, loving care. I do my best to keep things pure, simple and as organic as possible.

- Will I get a discount or freebies?
Of course… I always give at least 1 sample sometimes more… there’s no way to smell the delicious aroma or feel how wonderful it feels on your skin over the internet (but I do hope that is available one day) so I throw in a treat or 2 for you to try.

- But what is YOUR body like?
Ummm… not like the picture in my logo that’s for sure. I’m working hard at it now for about 6 weeks but it’s a work in progress.

- Any advice for smelling great and looking fab?
YES, choose your products carefully! It is not about the price when it comes to skincare it’s about the quality. Some people comment to me that they can get a product like mine in a Dollar Store??? I think NOT, you may THINK it is the same but ingredient for ingredient it is always a major difference. Care enough about yourself to buy the very best, that is why I chose to create my own now you can enjoy my research, knowledge and effort.

- Phone number and details of the male model please...
LOL???? I was waiting for the laugh!!!
Argh, Pity, I'll have to ask another time again .

- Will I look like the models when I use your products?
Well, if you did (Of course I do) before you used my product then you certainly will after :) just smoother, softer and with a more healthy glow.

- Anything else you'd like to add Janice?
I just adore Cat… she is the smile and laugh in my day! So glad we met :)

Me blushing...I love being Adored.
Thankyou for this great interview Janice, and watch out my glowing and radiant skin.
- Her blog http://www.wwcrafters.com/serendipity

No comments:

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails