Monday, October 29, 2007

quality embroidered gifts at an unbeatable price!

Name: Adrienne Nielsen

Where are you from?
I'm from Spanish Fork, Utah...born and raised in Utah.


Are your creations unique? My creations are unique in that they can all be personalized...but none are limited editions.

Do you have a favorite piece?
My favorite piece that I still have for sale is my Daughter of God bag...I have another bag with "I am a Child of God" on it but I haven't been able to get a good picture to list it yet. I like these pieces because they remind ME of who I am. This is something that I have very strong feelings about.

How do you promote your work?
I go to craft shows (although I'm hoping not to do too many more...they are a LOT of work and I have to leave my kids too long.). We are starting "The Quilted Bear" a permanent craft show type store, the first of Nov...you set up once and then just maintain it, which will be nice...the store is a big thing here in Utah so I'm hoping it works out. Etsy and my online store and blog are the other places I sell. I just started in Aug. so I'm still new to it all and figuring out what works for us.

I love personalizing cute towels and blankets! I love when I see somebody using our stuff and enjoying it.

Any advice you wish you had been given?
I wish somebody would have told me how much work it would all be! I thought it would all be pretty simple...make our stuff, go to a craft fair (didn't think that one through at all) and sell our stuff like crazy. I have been surprised at how much work goes in to creating our craft alone, let alone setting up websites, promoting product, keeping track of expenses, etc!

My only advice to somebody starting out is it is a lot of work...but if you have something you have been wanting to do and you never try it you will always be wondering if you could have made it! I am a firm believer of just jumping in both feet first and trying things!

Site: http://www.personalityplusboutique.blogspot.com/
or http://www.personalityplusboutique.com/
Etsy site: http://adriennen.etsy.com/

No comments:

Related Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails